Casper Hansen new chairman of Odense Robotics
Odense Robotics is to be a dynamo that ensures that Denmark maintains its global position as a leading centre for the development and application of innovative robotics, automation and drone technology. That’s the message from Casper Hansen, CEO of Technicon, who was appointed as the cluster’s new chairman this week alongside a new board of directors.
”There is a huge growth potential and growing demand for advanced, flexible, technological solutions nationally and internationally. Denmark has a strong foundation for strengthening its position in the coming years. Realising this potential requires a strong organisational setup, and Odense Robotics plays a crucial role as dynamo that will strengthen development and application of innovative Danish robotics, automation and drone technology in the future,” says Casper Hansen, the new chairman of Odense Robotics.
The cluster has a pivotal role in creating a strong, national industry that supports increased productivity in Denmark’s companies, says the 34-year-old CEO of the automation company Technicon.
”Odense Robotics has been hugely instrumental in securing Denmark an international position within robotics today. We will continue to amplify our regional positions of strength, because by doing so, we reinforce the foundation for a strong, national industry – expanding the workforce and accelerating growth.
Not only that – a world-class robotics ecosystem also has a positive knock-on effect on the productivity, agility and development potential of Denmark’s entire industry. That is why it’s crucial for the country’s welfare that the Danish industry – SMVs and big industrial companies – adopt digitalisation and automation,” says Casper Hansen.
The new board of directors was appointed following Odense Robotics’ general assembly this week and consists of a series of strong profiles that together represent Denmark’s robotics ecosystem. The new board will work together to ensure the continued development of Denmark’s robotics, automation and drone industry.
- Lars Bach, Head of R&D, Universal Robots (Vice Chairman)
- Thomas Bak, Dean, The Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Aalborg University
- Henrik Bindslev, Dean, The Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark
- Stefan Birkebjerg, Stadsdirektør, Odense Kommune
- Jesper Bøhnke, Senior Vice President, Technology & Innovation, TERMA Group
- Casper Hansen, CEO & Co-founder, Technicon
- Mie Haraldsted, CEO & Founder, Aim Robotics
- Martin Høgsbjerg, Head of Global Supply Chain Technology, Danfoss Drives
- Anne-Lise Høg Lejre, Executive Vice President at Danish Technological Institute, Food and Production, Danish Technological Institute
- Marianne Thellersen, Senior Vice President, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Technical University of Denmark
- Esben Østergaard, CEO & Co-founder, REInvest Robotics.
Please note:Thomas Bak and Marianne Thellersen are not pictured in the group photo as they participated online.