Drone experts discuss the future at International Drone Show in Denmark
Hundreds of drone specialists from across Europe and beyond will gather at the International Drone Show in Denmark in August in Denmark to discuss the latest drone developments and explore future potential. Leading experts will present key topics including defence, Nordic airspace, vertiports, digital air traffic control and securing critical infrastructure.
Denmark has become a leading northern European hub for drone technologies. On 29 August, drone companies and end users from Denmark and abroad will gather at the International Drone Show at HCA Airport in Odense to discuss the latest drone innovations and explore new application potential. The conference will provide insights into business-critical topics from the drone industry, public sector organisations and buyers.
“The drone industry is evolving rapidly in response to market demands – and the International Drone Show in Denmark is a gateway to new insights on the latest developments from Denmark and northern Europe. It’s also a great way to connect with new partners from the public and private sector. As something new this year, participants can pre-book business meetings. We’re looking forward to drone companies connecting with key industry stakeholders,” says Lisa Rosenlyst Hansen from Odense Robotics.
Legislation, security and new technologies
This year’s event will be focused on three key themes: Legislation and Cooperation, Security and Defence and Use Cases & New Technologies. The programme offers panel discussions, talks and workshops with leading experts on key industry topics such as defence, Nordic airspace, vertiports, digital air traffic control and securing critical infrastructure.
Highlights from the programme:
- Keynote on the global commercial drone market from Kay M. Schaumann, CEO Drone Industry Insights.
- Panel debate on the integration of drones in the Nordic Airspace moderated by Anders Martinsen, CEO UAS Norway with panelists: Lars Korsholm, Head of Division CAA Denmark, Marteinn Guðjónsson, Inspector Flight Operations CAA Iceland, Pasi Nikama, Senior Vice President CMO & CCO Finntraffic, Even Birkeland, Flight Operations Inspector CAA Norway.
- Panel debate on counter UAS moderated by Christian Clemmensen Møller, Head of Business Development, Secure Drone Infrastructure, MyDefence with panelists:
Rasmus Ross, Military Analyst C-UAS, Centre for Air and Space Operations Royal Danish Defence College, Torben Brandt, Police Inspector Danish National Police
Jimmi Hartvig, Head of Airport Technology Copenhagen Airports, Dan Hermansen, CEO MyDefence, Hans-Christian Mathiesen, VP Defense Programs Sky-Watch A/S.
- Scaling the Drone Industry with Digital Air Traffic Control, Jesper Skou, Co-Founder and CEO Skypuzzler.
- Talk from Morten Hvalsøe Dybdahl, Major & Branch Chief UAS / C-UAS, Danish Ministry of Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organisation (DALO).
The event also features an expo area, where companies and organisations can showcase ther latest technologies. Exhibitors include: Northcom.dk, MyDefence, Sky Level, Sky-Watch, ODU, Prototal Damvig, AirPlate. There will be demo flights from MyDefence, Skygrids and DroneVolt.