Year one – building a strong cluster
Looking back on the first year of Denmark’s national cluster for robotics, automation and drones, it’s fair to say that it’s been a busy 12 months. Together with companies, members and partners, we have achieved many results and made valuable learnings.
Companies have accessed industry insights, research knowledge, funding and networking opportunities – made possible by Odense Robotics’ strong partnerships with knowledge institutions, municipalities, industry sponsors and organisations regionally, nationally and internationally.
We’ve also brought companies closer to potential partners. Robot and automation companies took part in a Robotics Innovation Sprint with Danfoss. Drone companies connected with Danish Defence at the International Drone Show. And thanks to our partnership with Tus-Holdings, we hope to bring companies closer to partners in Asia.
Results this year
Here are just a few highlights from our first year:
- More than 260 members are in the cluster today, with new members joining each week.
- More than 100 cluster events, enabling companies to network, meet new partners, access insights and collaborate with universities and GTS institutes.
- Seven ambitious startups have joined Odense Robotics StartUp Hub and several others have left, ready to bring their technologies to the market.
- Launch of the Global Growth Robotics programme, with 16 companies already participating.
- Aarhus, Copenhagen and Sonderborg regional hubs established, with Aalborg hub to be established early in the new year.
Yet what makes a lasting impression on me is my conversations with robot, automation and drone companies. Despite uncertainties this year, companies continue to bring technologies to new markets and bring about change in a range of industries. It’s this strong potential that inspires me and drives the cluster’s efforts to make Denmark a bigger, better robot nation.
I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to the cluster’s growth this year and look forward to continuing our journey next year.
CEO, Odense Robotics